Monday, November 17, 2014

Puttin' In Work

I'm posting about workouts because I just had an awesome one.
I was feeling down on myself and wasn't liking what I was seeing in the mirror. SO (even though it's pouring rain) I stopped looking and marched myself over to the gym. I got on the stationary bike for an awesome, totally sweaty workout and followed it up with some balance and core work. 
I don't know if my playlist was just on point or if all the endorphins really were kicking in; but, either way, I was stoked on my workout today and feel like I have renewed my motivation and commitment to being in the gym. 
I think that when you're struggling to love yourself, you need to find a place where you feel strong and confident and keep going back to that place (mental or physical) until that feeling of pride and badassness seeps through every part of your day. Putting in work at the gym makes me feel strong and empowered, and it gives me the privilege of liking who I see in the mirror. So, if I momentarily lose sight of my bikini body goals (no shame), I'll be reminding myself of this feeling!
It probably helped that I had homemade tacos waiting for me when I got home, too. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment